1. Entries should be taken to the Village Hall between 9am and 12 noon on the day of the show for registration and tabling.
2. All classes except Classes 22, 90, 91, 92, 93 & 94 are open to everyone.
3. Each Exhibitor is restricted to a maximum of TWO entries in ANY class.
4. All exhibits must have been grown by or be the work of the exhibitor who should ensure that they comply with the schedule and rules of the show.
5. The Judges decision is final regarding the quality of exhibits.
6. Complaints / objections to the Show Secretary before 3.30pm. Any disputes will be settled bt the Show Committee, whose decision shall be final.
7. No exhibits / prize cards to be removed from the tables before 4.00pm. Any exhibits in the horticultural or home made produce classes still remaining after 4.15pm will be deemed to be the property of the Show Committee and may be auctioned.
8. Prize money must be collected between 3.00 and 4.00pm, as no payout can be made after this time.
9. No entries are permitted from commercial / professional concerns.
10. The Show Commiteee cannot be responsible for the loss / damage to property or equipment. All such items must be removed from the Village Hall by 4.15pm.
11. Horticulural classes will be judged in accordance with the rules and standards contained in the Royal Horticutural Society (RHS) Horticultural Show Handbook. This RHS Handbook can be purchased from the RHS web site.
12. Display vases and paper plates will be available.
13. All trophies (except medals) remain the property of the Show Committee and MUST BE RETURNED IN GOOD CONDITION, no later than 28 days prior to next years show.
14. Where possible, exhitors are requested to name varieties shown in the horticultural classes for the benefit of the public.
15. No exhibitor names to be visible on any entry.
16. Novice Class - 4 tomatoes (Class 22) entry restricted to Wrenthorpe residents who have not previously won a first prize in the tomatoe class at the show.
17. Tray of vegatables (Class 29) to consisit of 3 kinds of vegetables, 2 of each kind from the following selection - carrots (trimmed to 3" (7.6cm)), cauliflower, onions (dressed), potatoes, peas, runner beans and tomatoes. To be contained entirely within an area measuring 18" (45cm) wide by 24" (60cm). Black cloth permitted, no hardboard.
18. Vase of Annuals (Class 47) to consist of 5 stems from a minimum of two distinct kinds of flowers grown from seed in the past 12 months (2 varieties of the same plant are NOT 2 kinds).
19. 2019 New Recipe for Victoria Sandwich Cake (Class 64): -
225g/8oz Butter / margarine, 225g/8oz Caster sugar, 225g/8oz Self raising flour, 4 eggs and jam. Icing sugar, optional.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C/ 160 degrees C fan / Gas 4. Cream together butter/ margarine and caster sugar, gradually beat in eggs, fold in flour. Divide into two 20cm/ 8in sandwich tins. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Assemble with jam filling only. Optional - sprinkle icing sugar on top.
20. Entries must have been completed within the 12 months prior to the show.
21. Colour / black and white prints, size to a maximum of A4 (210mm x 297mm) , including mounts. NO FRAMES ARE ALLOWED.
22. All exhibits to have been taken within the last 12 months prior to the show.
23. The Show Committee reserve the right to move / rearrange the displays of photography.